How are scores calculated?
The scoring system works as follows:
- Not practised or documented - 0 points
- Practised but not documented - 1 point
- Practised and documented - 2 points
- Practised, document and reviewed - 3 points
- Practised, document, reviewed and aligned to IT or business strategy - 4 points
Any response scoring two or below is flagged in the report as requiring further attention.
What do I do if I am unsure about an answer?
If at any stage you are uncertain of an answer to one of the questions you can invite one or more colleagues to answer. Use the "loop in colleague" button and they will be sent an email with the question. Their replies will be sent to your email address so you can collate answers before entering a response into the survey.
Can I go back to a previous question?
To go back to a previous question, simply click on the sub-section headings on the left hand side of the screen and select the question you want to review.
1. Is there anything special in the Terms and Conditions of use I should be aware of?
Yes. The usage policy of the Maturity Assessment permits SAM Charter to take end user responses, anonymise them and compile them in "SAM State of the Nation" reports based upon industry sector and/or country/continent. Please Note: end user organisations will not be identifiable from these summary reports. Nor will client names or email addresses be passed on to any third parties.
2. Can I take the survey without agreeing to these terms and conditions?
3. Can I access the "SAM State of the Nation" reports?
Yes, participants of the SAM Maturity Assessment will be given exclusive access to purchasing these reports using the four by five code on the front of the their assessment.
4. Where can I access my assessment?
After completing the survey, your report can be downloaded from the survey dashboard. In addition, all participants will be sent an email containing a link to download the report.
5. Do I have to take the maturity assessment in one sitting?
No, answers are stored automatically, and are retrieved when you log in again.
6. What browsers is this service usable in?
The platform is supported on the latest version of all popular browsers, and in the case of Internet Explorer both Edge and IE11. Users may find the platform works in older versions of IE down to IE9, but old and abandoned browsers are not officially supported.